1. Who is the poet of the poem Aunt Jennifer’s Tigers?
- Adrienne Rich
- Jonathan Aaron
- J. H. M. Abbott
- Mark Abley
2. What is the poet known for?
- She is widely known for her involvement in the contemporary women’s movement as a poet and theorist
- for her beauty
- for her philosophy
- for her poems
3. What is still fresh in Jennifer’s mind?
- happy moments
- early days of marriage
- uncle’s attitude
- the old unhappy memories
4. The attitude of the poet towards Aunt Jennifer is that of –
5. What is the tone of the poem towards the end?
- happy moments
- sad and tensed
6. How are Aunt Jennifer’s tigers different from her?
- aunt lives in a city and tigers in forests
- aunt is old and tigers are young
- tigers are courageous and carefree and aunt is terrified
- none of above
tigers are courageous and carefree and aunt is terrified
7. How do the Prancing tigers look?
- just like diamond
- just like Topaz
- just like coal
- just like stone
8. What is presented through uncle’s character?
- Male strength
- Man is powerful
- man is like tigers
- male chauvinism
9. The poem ‘Aunt Jennifer’s Tigers’ uses ‘wedding bands’, ‘tigers’, ‘terrified hands’ etc as –
- poetic devices
- as alliteration
- as a metaphor
10. How many volumes of poetry has she published?
11. Will go on prancing’ means the –
- spirit of freedom of the tigers will continue to exist
- tigers will dance
- tigers will kill
- tigers will show tricks
spirit of freedom of the tigers will continue to exist
12. What lies heavily on Aunt Jennifer’s hand?
- wedding ring
- work pressure
13. What does echo through her work?
- Strong resistance to racism and militarism
- her love for poetry
- her passion for essay writing
- her wish to publish her work
A strong resistance to racism and militarism