1. Who is the writer of the lesson ‘The Necklace’?
- Robert W. Peterson
- Guy de Maupassant
- Sinclair Lewis
- K.A. Abbas
2. What is opposite of ‘poverty’?
3. She was born into a family of _____.
4. ‘She’ wished to hurry away. Why?
- to escape the notice of the host
- to escape the notice of M Loisel
- to escape the notice of Mme Forestier
- to escape the notice of the rich women
to escape the notice of the rich women
5. What does she think she deserves?
- luxury and delicacies
luxury and delicacies
6. Monsieur Loisel underestimates the depth of his wife’s ___.
7. What tortured and angered her?
- shabby walls
- worn chairs
- all of these
8. What was the actual cost of Mme Forestier’s necklace?
- five hundred francs
- ten thousand francs
- one hundred francs
- five thousand francs
five hundred francs
9. When would she weep for whole days?
- after dinner
- after lunch
- after visiting her friend
- any time
after visiting her friend
10. How much was the necklace actually worth?
- forty thousand
- thirty six thousand
- five hundred
- none of the above
11. Matilda was born into a family of :
12. Whom was Matilda married to?
- a petty clerk
- a minister
- an officer
- a businessman
13. How did Loisel feel on receiving the invitation?
14. For what had Loisel saved four hundred francs?
- to buy a gun
- to buy a T.V.
- to buy a shirt
- to buy a bicycle
15. What did Mrs Loisel borrow from Mme Forestier?
- a bracelet
- a necklace
- a Venetian Cross
- all of the above
16. Matilda always remained :
17. What spoiled Mr and Mrs Loisel pleasure?
- the loss of necklace
- the loss of the dress
- the loss of money
- all of the above
the loss of necklace
18. How much Loisels had to spend to replace the necklace?
- eighteen thousand francs
- thirty-six thousand francs
- forty thousand francs
- fifty thousand franc
thirty-six thousand francs
19. How did the loan affect Mrs Loisel’s life?